|Beschreibung der Tätigkeit
Aus dasauge.at/jobs – bitte beziehe dich in deiner Bewerbung auf dasauge®.
The RESOLUTE consortium is a public-private research partnership with 13 partners from academia and the pharmaceutical industry supported by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (https://re-solute.eu). The mission of RESOLUTE is to intensify worldwide research on a particular group of transport proteins, the solute carriers (SLCs), and to establish them as a novel target class for medical research.
CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences has the key role of data management and data analysis in the RESOLUTE consortium. We are currently seeking a Full Stack Web Developer to join our team effort in building databases, web services and a user interfaces for efficient management of all data generated within this project.
What you can expect
- work in a small, agile software development team
- vibrant atmosphere of the highest quality biomedical research
- work closely with data scientists and molecular biologist from both academia and pharmaceutical companies to develop tools supporting efficient management of big data produced by the consortium
- get introduced to FAIR principles of scientific data management and implement those principles in database design
- play an active role in data modelling, software development and user interface design
- bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science (or comparable experience)
- proven track record in state-of-the-art programming languages and web technologies
- experience in modern, component-based web frontend frameworks
- experience working in Linux environments
- familiarity with database design principles and maintenance
- know-how in continuous development and deployment tools
- know-how in containerization strategies
- self-directed, able to contribute and see ahead of the current development timeline
- professional working proficiency in English
- Backend: Node.js server with TypeScript and TypeORM as DAL
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Frontend: Vue.js, Plotly
- API: GraphQL
- CI/CD: GitLab and Docker
Why you want to join our team
- an inclusive workplace with a positive and highly motivating work climate
- apply latest cutting-edge web technologies
- training opportunities
- daily bonus for in-house cafeteria
- fair employee benefits package including company health care, competitive holiday allowance
- relocation support provided by our HR team
- minimum annual gross salary 40000 EUR with possibility of overpayment according to experience and qualifications
CeMM is an international research institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and founding member of EU-LIFE, an association of leading biomedical research institutes in Europe. CeMM has an outstanding scientific track record, medical translation, and spin-off companies. CeMM provides a truly collaborative and personal environment, while maintaining critical mass and all relevant technologies. Research at CeMM focuses on cancer, inflammation, and immune disorders. CeMM is located at the center of one of the largest medical campuses in Europe, within walking distance of Vienna’s historical city center. A study by The Scientist placed CeMM among the top-5 best places to work in academia worldwide. Vienna is an international city with a large English-speaking community and frequently ranked the world’s best city to live. The official language at CeMM is English, and more than 45 nationalities are represented. CeMM aims to promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, competences, and potential thus we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.
Please apply online with a motivation letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position and your curriculum vitae, all in a single PDF document with max. 3 pages. Please visit our career page and click on „apply now“ to upload your application:
At CeMM we are committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists working in life sciences, and thus we strongly encourage female applicants.
Closing date for applications: 30.06.2019
Preferred starting date: 01.08.2019